School Year Program Weekend Sacks Packing
Volunteers are needed to pack weekend sacks of food. Packing takes place on Wednesdays at 6pm at the GBP Headquarters located inside the New Hope Community Church (16800 W 9th Ave, Golden, CO 80401) at the corner of 9th and Salvia, and takes less than an hour. Each packing session is capped at 9 volunteers due to the limited space available for packing.
Three times a year we also do a double packing to help the kids through the school holidays. Therefore, additional packing will take place at 6pm on a Monday prior to these holidays. Please sign up to volunteer using our Golden Backpack Program app. Select “Packing” under the School Year Backpack Program in the Sign Up tab of the app to see the specific dates we will be packing sacks and how many open volunteer spots are available for each date.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
We utilize volunteers to help with food deliveries for our School Year Program and our Fresh Food Co-op, as well as to provide other help in running the Co-op. These opportunities require a recurring volunteer commitment and special training. Please contact us for more information.
Ready to volunteer? FIRST, Download the App
Hint: To volunteer, just select the VOLUNTEER button upon launching the app.
Don’t have a smart phone or don’t want to use an app? Use a web browser & follow along below.
Now to Sign Up
- Go to “Sign Up” button in the app. You will be asked to create an account with Booksteam, which you will only have to do once.
- Not using the app… click here.
- Once you have logged in to Booksteam, select the Task you want
- Once you select your task by clicking “Book,” you will be taken to a calendar where you can select the date you want to book.
- Next select the task below the calendar, and then click “next.”
- FIRST TIME: Register your account by filling in first name, last name, phone, email, password (and confirm your password). Click “keep me signed in” and then “Sign me up.” Ongoing basis, you “confirm” your date and time.
- Then click “Done.” You will receive an email confirmation of your signup.
Please Check In
Using your app, click on the Check In tab. Using your phone, scan one of the QR codes that are set out in a number of locations at GBP HQ & the task site. You’ll be asked to fill in: Name, email, phone number, and a few other quick questions (including whether you are checking in for yourself, a family, or a group). The first time we ask you to complete the entire form, in future visits, if you indicate that you have volunteered previously, you will simply be asked to provide your cell phone number as confirmation of your participation.
Not using the app?
Click on the task you are performing to complete the form manually, as directed above. Then you’re done!