Welcome To Our New Signup & Check In System!
This year we have a new sign up and check in system! Why? It is important to know who is volunteering with us and how often. Did you know that the hours you give help us get funding. So, thank you for volunteering and donating your time and talent. Here is a step-by-step process to sign up and check in!
FIRST, Download the App
Hint: To volunteer, just select VOLUNTEER button upon launching the app.
Don’t have a smart phone or don’t want to use an app? Use a web browser & follow along below.
Now to Sign Up
- Go to “Sign Up” button in the app. You will be asked to create an account with Booksteam, which you will only have to do once.
- Not using the app… go here:
- Once you have logged in to Booksteam, select the Task you want, as follows:
- Drivers – Wednesday: We need a consistent group of four individuals who in groups of two every week can drive a vehicle loaned by Golden Realty from Golden to the Food Bank of the Rockies to pick up our weekly order of food. It takes about 3 hours total and also requires specific skills and training.
- Stagers – Wednesday: We need a steady group of 8-10 individuals who set up the facility for evening packing and to organize and set up the food. It takes about 1.5 hours.
- Packing – Wednesday: We need a minimum of 10 people every Wednesday evening to pack the food into sacks, put sacks into bins, and stage the bins for pickup and delivery the next day. This task takes less than 1 hour.
- Delivery – Thursday: We need a consistent group of 6 volunteers who can pick up/deliver bins of sacks to a total of ten schools in Golden and return the empty bins to Golden BP HQ. This task requires the volunteer to use her/his own vehicle. This task can be accomplished in a 2-hour window and generally takes less than 1 hour.
- Once you select your task by clicking “Book,” you will be taken to a calendar where you can select the date you want to book.
- Next select the task below the calendar, and then click “next.”
- FIRST TIME: Register your account by filling in first name, last name, phone, email, password (and confirm your password). Click “keep me signed in” and then “Sign me up.” Ongoing basis, you “confirm” your date and time.
- Then click “Done.” You will receive an email confirmation of your signup.
SPECIAL NOTE: Three times a year the GBP provides “double backpacks” to kids. These coincide with Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring Break. We pack and deliver two sacks of food the week before each event to ensure the kids have enough food during each of those time periods.
Please Check In
Using your app, click on the Check In tab. Using your phone, scan one of the QR codes that are set out in a number of locations at GBP HQ & the task site. You’ll be asked to fill in: Name, email, phone number, and a few other quick questions (including whether you are checking in for yourself, a family, or a group). The first time we ask you to complete the entire form, in future visits, if you indicate that you have volunteered previously, then you will simply be asked to provide your cell phone number as confirmation of your participation.
Not using the app?
Click on the task you are performing to complete the form manually, as directed above. Then you’re done!
**If you are a school administrator, or want to use the app to enter the number of food bags you need each week, please contact the lead coordinator at your school for your password/username.