2019 Year in Review
This past year was remarkable and we’re excited to share with you a recap of 2019. We endured changes, strength and an exceptional optimism for the future of our program in the community for which we serve – Golden, Colorado!
- Weekend Sack Program: 16,564 Meals (’18-’19 School Year)
- Fresh Food Co-op: 98,000 Meals
- 4,500+ in volunteer hours from our community & Board members
- 10th Anniversary Fundraiser + Celebration – what fun & great success!
- In-Kind Donations: $37,500
- Increase of overall funding by 9% from 2018
- Best Colorado Gives Day in history!
- Started Composting from the Fresh Food Co-op – yay for Mother Nature!
- Started a partnership with Fighting Hunger at Mines who won the Mayor’s Award for their efforts on campus & in our community
- Our community & business partnerships flourished with continued growth into 2020
- New Board President – Alison M. Stafford: wife, mother of twin boys, business owner & proud Golden resident
- New Board Member – Melinda Cox: wife, mother, retired from the CO Dept of Human Services & CO native
As we reflect and celebrate 2019 with all of you, we also look forward to the new year in 2020. We are currently in an important 2020 Strategic Planning Process in order to do more and bring more to our programs in the local community. We anticipate important Board growth, new staff members, partnership and expansion in the community.
We could not do this without you and we are so very grateful for your support. We are able to feed families and support our community because of you. We are truly stronger together and we thank you!
With gratitude on behalf of the entire GBP family,
The Golden Backpack Program